The guide roll made of TiC-based Cemented Carbides are the main
consumptive parts, completed together with cemented carbide
roll-rings in rod and wire milling in steel industry to ensure that
the heated steel can be exactly guided into roll groove to prevent
steel winding and tail swing.
TiC-based Cemented Carbides and their mechanical properties
|HRA hardness (20.C)||N/mm2|
Transverse Rupture Strength
|Coefficient of thermal expansion 10-6||Applications|
|HTN-1||(Ti,W)C - Ni||6.40~6.70||≥84.5||≥1500||370||7.0||Guide roll|
|HTN-2||(Ti,W)CN- Ni||6.35~6.55||≥83.0||≥1600||360||7.0||Guide roll|
- Excellent crack resistance.
- Good self-lubrication ability and low friction factor
- Good wear and corrosion resistance
- Resistance to thermal impact better than that of alloy steel, with
a life time 20~50 times that of the latter.
- Non-magnetic, not easy to be adhered by metal.
- Smaller specific gravity, good acceleration property, prolonging
bearing performance life.